An Exciting Year in Paradise:
Every year is an excellent one in this beautiful and exotic island, and 2019 is not going to be the exception, especially with so many exciting upcoming events!
Here you will find a complete summary and recap on the best events of 2019. A calendar and guide to assist you on planning your holidays accordingly, because at Boutique Yachting, we want you to live the adventure of a lifetime in Samui!
To complete this guide, we recommend you to read this article about the weather in Koh Samui, so you can decide which season you like the most, and by consensus, what the best time to visit Samui is: https://boutiqueyachting.com/news/best-time-visit-koh-samui/
There are many things to do in this month, and here are the most important events:
- 01/01: New Year’s Day (if you want to enjoy your New Year’s eve in Samui, then start planning it ASAP, because it is one of the busiest times of the year)
- 21/01: Thailand’s Full Moon Party at Koh Phangan (one of the wildest and most exciting and fun parties in the world)
- 26/01: Australia Day.
If you happen to be in Samui during Australia Day, then you can always celebrate it at Lamai or Chaweng, where you will find tons of thematic parties. Feel free to drop in!
However, if you prefer something different, then you can always stop at any of the following Australian bars:
- Bondi Bar at 169/1-3 Moo 2 | Maret (the most popular choice)
- Andaman at Chaweng Beach Road, Chaweng, Bophut
- Walkabout at 43/9 Moo3, Had chaweng1 | Chaweng beach, Bophut
Here you have the most important events of the month:
- 05/02: Chinese New Year
- 14/02: Valentine’s Day
- 19/02: Makha Bucha Day (One of the most important Buddhist festival, a magnificent cultural experience)
- 20/02: Full Moon Party
For enjoying a romantic Valentine’s Day in Samui, you have many options, including our yacht charters, to spend a beautiful and special day aboard: https://boutiqueyachting.com/overnight-charter/
Alternatively, you also have incredible dining options: https://boutiqueyachting.com/news/best-fine-dining-samui/
The most relevant events of the month:
- 20/03: Full Moon Party
- Koh Samui Midnight Run 5K and 10k (Charity) – Date still to be decided, we will update this ASAP
This time, the wild and exciting Full Moon Party is the most interesting event of the month, for those who love nightlife.
The schedule for the month:
- 01/04: Samui’s Jellyfish Petting Zoo opening
- 06/04: Chakri Day (One of the most important Thai national holidays)
- 08/04: Chakri Day (Public Holiday)
- 13/04: Thai New Year (Songkran Festival, one of the most fun events of the year, from 13 to 15 April)
- 21/04: Full Moon Party at Koh Phangan
The Songkran is one of the most important celebrations in Thailand and it happens in every place of the country. Everyone can join the exciting celebrations and gigantic water fights, so be ready to have lots of fun!
Also, you should visit Samui’s Jellyfish Petting Zoo if you love marine life, as much as to touch these surreal yet painful creatures. One of the most original and special experiences you can live in the island.
During this month, you will have the opportunity to participate in the one of the most important events of the year, Koh Samui Regatta 2019:
- 01/05: Labor Day (Day Off)
- 19/05: Visakha Bucha Day (Buddhist Holiday)
- 19/05: Full Moon Party at Koh Phangan
- 25/05: Koh Samui Regatta 2019
If you want to know more about this fantastic event, then you should read our article about it: https://boutiqueyachting.com/news/regatta-thailand-2019/
This month is not big in important events, being the most relevant the Full Moon Party (17/06). We will update it with any important announcement.
- 18/07: Full Moon Party
- 29/07: His Majesty the King’s Birthday (super important holiday in Thailand)
- 12/08: Her Majesty the Queen’s Birthday
- 12/08: Mother’s Day
- 15/08: Full Moon Party
Same as with June, so far now, there are not any major important events happening this month. The most important is the wild and exciting Full Moon Party on September 13.
- 14/10: Passing of His Majesty the Late King Bhumibol
- 14/10: Full Moon Party
It is still early in the year, and we will update the events as they appear, because there is a lot to come in 2019!
- 01/11: Ang Thong Marine Park closes until December (make sure to visit it before this date, contact us to help you and schedule a tour or a private charter to this fantastic natural attraction: https://boutiqueyachting.com/ang-thong-tour/)
- 11/11: Full Moon Party
- 13/11: Loy Krathong (The phenomenal Thai lantern festival)
One of the busiest months of the year:
- 05/12: His Majesty the Late King Bhumibol’s Birthday
- 05/12: Father’s Day
- 11/12: Full Moon Party
- 23/12: Ang Thong Marine Park re-opens its doors to visitors
- 25/12: Christmas in Koh Samui
- 31/12: New Year’s Eve
Now you have the perfect resource to plan your holidays perfectly!
We will keep adding more events as they appear, because we are still early into the year, and therefore, there is still a lot to see, but here you have a good summary on the most important events.
Let us know which are your favorite events, when are you going to visit Samui, and if you have any question or doubt, just write it down in the comments!